This Tourism, Culture and Society programme at Erasmus University Rotterdam is interdisciplinary and combines research from the academic disciplines of sociology, cultural economics and media studies.
- You will be an in-demand professional who works for governments or (inter)national organisations in the domains of tourism, heritage or culture.
- Create solutions for today's tourist industry.
- The courses in this programme will centre around the sociology and economics of cultural tourism; cultural heritage studies and heritage management. After completion of the required courses, you are free to choose electives that enable you to delve deeper into the subjects that you are most interested in.
- You will complete the master’s programme with a thesis, where you are challenged to combine and apply the theoretical knowledge that you acquired with a topic of your own choice. There is also the possibility to write your thesis within an institution. In this way, you will leave university with some valuable experience in the labour market already!
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology Tourism & Leisure View 112 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least a bachelor's degree from a recognised Dutch university programme with a good overall result, or an equivalent qualification from an international institution.
- Training in arts and culture studies, sociology or another relevant background in the social sciences or humanities, at university level.
- Academic training in qualitative research methods is desirable.
- We are also looking for a sustained and well-documented interest in the cultural or tourism sector, as evidenced by academic training or practical experience.
International11900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
- €11,900 (Institutional fee: Dutch / EEA students)
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.