The areas of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics at Technical University of Munich are focused on the improvement and development of novel imaging modalities for microscopy and biomedical imaging as well as on the development of biosensor technology for Lab-On-Chip technology.
Other examples include the application of artificial intelligence for the analysis of medical data, the improvement of therapeutic methods, the development of tracers or methods to support radiotherapy, as well as various biomedical applications of biomechanics and biophysics to the broad field of biomedical engineering.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- Typical fields of application for the graduates of this master's program are in experimental research activities, in the planning and documentation of research projects as well as in adjacent fields of activity of the biotech and medical technology industry, for example in patenting, development, project planning or in public institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the course phase students chose modules from a catalog, which covers selected topics of Biomedical Engineering. Here the diversity of the research activities at TUM within this area is visible and accessible to the students.
- The ‘Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics Lab Course’ and a course from a non-natural science catalogue complete the profile. A mentor supports students in choosing their focus area.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Artificial Intelligence View 24 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for Enrollment (signed)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma (certified copy)
- Student Health Insurance Certificate
- Most Current Photo (as for ID)
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Garching bei München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.