Chemical & Biological Engineers have a strong understanding of how the physical, chemical and biological sciences intersect, complemented with mathematics. Chemical & Biological Engineers are also trained in safety, the environment, economics and management.
CareerGraduates in Chemical and Biological Engineering at University of British Columbia, have critical roles as leaders in:
- Biological Systems Engineering
- Sustainable Production of Healthy Food
- Zero Carbon Emission Fuels and Energy
- Biotechnology-based Production of Green Products, Materials and Renewable Fuels
- Smart and Biodegradable Materials
- Carbon Capture Technology to Reduce GHGs
- Better, More Affordable Healthcare
- Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
- Sustainable Forest-based Products
- Clean Drinking Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Chemical Engineering for Non-Chemical Engineers
- Advanced Reactor Design
- Engineering Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Math Operations in Chemical Engineering
- Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Biological Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 38 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Academic/professional references
- Statement of Intent
- Writing Sample (published article, journal entry, graded essay or undergraduate thesis will be accepted)
- Official transcripts (In-Progress and Conferred)
- English Language Proficiency Test (Test scores must be sent directly to the University to complete your application).
- GRE test scores are not required by our department at this time.
International21056 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21056 CAD per year during 12 months.
National6193 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6193 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.