Transformative Urban Studies at Université Grenoble Alpes combines the theoretical and methodological background of urban studies and the strategic thinking of urban planning. It both analyses and accompanies actions from public actors, NGOs, citizens that put forward strategies promoting social, spatial and environmental justice.
Through a transformative approach to professional practice and immersive experiences, students learn to recognise, understand and accompany processes of urban, economic, political, ecological and social change.
The TRUST Master program aims at:
- preparing students to become urban planners in France and beyond
- providing students with tools to understand urban transitions and transformations at a global scale and to implement transformative urban strategies in different geographical contexts
- training students capable of transcending the urban-rural and North-South divides in order to better understand the complexity of the contemporary production of the urban
- Development and sustainable transitions
- Polyglot project
- Urban planning
- Building with local materials and people (in collaboration with CRAterre lab)
- Tools for studying mobilities
- GIS for mapping urban transformations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
For more information please visit the university's website
International3862 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3862 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA335 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 335 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Grenoble
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.