- The Sociology (Urban Studies) programme at the Goldsmiths, University of London covers topics including the politics of gentrification, urban community, infrastructure and the intricacies of urban culture, alongside lectures on urban policy, food politics, poverty and migration.
- You will also zoom out to consider the broader meaning of urban sociology and its ongoing contribution to social science. With over two-thirds of the global population destined to live in cities by 2050, there has never been a more important time to research and understand urban life.
- Thinking Sociologically
- Methodology Now
- Cities and Society
- Rethinking the City
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you haven't finished your current programme of study.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology View 537 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Goldsmiths, University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least upper second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
International18290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18290 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9260 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National - part-time: £4630
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.