The Food safety and food risk management course at the University of Parma is a joint initiative with the Universities of Parma and Udine, known worldwide for their excellence in higher education in the field of food sciences.
The course aims at training professionals who are able to work confidently in areas of food sciences, such as technology, engineering, microbiology, chemistry and sustainability.
After the first year, you can choose among five different profiles:
- Applied Engineering and Genetics;
- Food Quality and Management;
- Nutrition Sciences;
- Food Chemistry;
- Food Packaging.
Graduates of the programme are placed in companies in the food industry, and specialise in research and development; food processing; product design and development; management and control of food processing; food automation technology; the development of methods to guarantee food authenticity; quality control; and the development of innovative processes to enhance the nutritional value of foods and the sustainability of the food chain.
The course provides students with the tools to pursue a career as a consultant or to work in managerial roles, mainly in the food industries, and in companies that link the food supply chain, from manufacturing to storage and distribution, including large-scale retailers, and public and private centres dedicated to planning, managing and improving processes. Our graduates design and innovate all food processes and products to guarantee and enhance the sensory, nutritional and sustainable quality of the food chain.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first year mainly includes modules on Food Technology and Food Microbiology, which are common to all learning tracks. From the second year onwards, modules become specific to the profile chosen. You will be able to choose from five profiles and a range of modules in order to customize your course.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Food Sciences Genetics View 17 other Masters in Food Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to gain admission to this programme you need one of the following qualifications:
- a bachelor degree in one of the following Italian degree classes: L-25 ex D.M. 270/2004 (Agriculture and Forestry) or the corresponding class ex D.M. 509/99; L-26 (Food Sciences ) or the corresponding class ex D.M. 509/99; L-38 (Animal Production Sciences and Technologies) or the corresponding class ex D.M. 509/99
- the previous career must have covered at least 30 ECTS credits
International150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 150 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 150 EUR per year during 24 months.
€150 - €1020 (Tuition Fee proportionally calculated on the basis of the sole ISEE indicator)
Living costs for Parma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.