Sociology and Criminology from University of Manitoba provides specialized training in the core areas of the discipline (sociological methods and theoretical inquiry), as well as a number of substantive areas: criminology and social justice; culture and social relations; population health and wellness.
Students at Sociology and Criminology from University of Manitoba will:
- receive considerable individual attention.
- gain knowledge in power, privilege and resistance; global sociology; and social policy and social change.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Seminar in Sociology of Religion
- Political Sociology
- Advanced Quantitative Research Methods
- Intergroup Relations
- The Power of Social Movements
- Sociological Inquiry
- Global Criminology and Criminal Justice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 102 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in Sociology (or equivalent)
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation: 2
- Submit your transcripts (unofficial copies)
- English language proficiency
- Pay the application fee
- Minimum B average (3.0) in the last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
International11748 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5874 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5340 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2670 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.