The Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy programme of Trinity College Dublin provides students with a comprehensive account of psychoanalytic systems as they have developed from the work of Sigmund Freud, Melanie Klein, Wilfred Bion and Donald Winnicott.
The course provides a comprehensive conceptual and critical understanding of the theoretical basis of psychoanalytic psychotherapy, as well as a thorough training in the application of psychoanalytic theory to psychoanalytic clinical practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infant Observation
- Infant, Child & Adolescent and Adult Development
- Clinical Concepts
- Clinical Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 15 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Ireland
- An upper second class honours primary degree or higher is generally required.
- For the Adult Strand, work in a related field is desirable. For the Child and Adolescent Strand, applicants will usually work in an environment where they work with children.
- You are not required to have a strong knowledge of psychoanalysis, though some sense of its basic tenets is certainly desirable. Engagement in personal therapy also demonstrates a recognition of the nature of this field, and is strongly desirable.
- Readiness: This relates to the timing of the application in relation to your life circumstances. In going through the process of application, there will be an opportunity to appraise whether you are in a position to embark on this course at this time.
International19631 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19631 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.