The focus on theological studies of the highest academic standing prepares students to contribute to public debates on theological issues in contemporary societies.
The Christian Theology programme of Trinity College Dublin is currently taught by Loyola staff in the School of Religion.
The M.Phil. is delivered full-time over one year (12 months) or part-time over two years. Lectures will normally be held on Monday and Thursday evenings. Some elective modules may be held during the day.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Method and Theory in the Study of Theology
- Violence and Grace in the Human Narrative
- The First Words: Theology/ies of the Bible
- Readings in Classical Theological Texts
- Theology and the Arts
- Christianity of the Celtic World (600-1000 AD)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Liberal Arts View 18 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Ireland
- Admission to this course is at graduate level. Applicants will normally hold a good honors degree (minimum 2.1) in theology from a recognized university.
- Applicants whose degree is in a different but relevant discipline, such as philosophy, history or religious education, will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Exceptional cases where applicants do not fully meet the above criteria but make a reasonable case for admissions otherwise will be considered by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
International17374 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17374 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU/EEA: 6,130 EUR
- Non-EU/EEA: 10,348 EUR
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.