Specialised courses in economic theory and econometrics will give you a sophisticated understanding of policy issues as you prepare for your career in the industry. Studying on one of the Department's MSc programmes will provide you with an excellent set of specialist and transferable skills.
You will be given an advanced training in core areas of economics that are widely used in economics-based professions and, depending on which degree programme you are studying, you will also receive specialist training in areas relevant to your programme and take options in other areas that interest you.
Reflecting our strengths in both theoretical and applied policy areas, the Economics programme offered at the University of Birmingham will give you a clear understanding of the economics in emerging and developing countries. You will be supported by academic experts in areas such as econometrics, development theory and policy and experimental economics.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills.
At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Game Theory
- Corporate Finance
- Development Economic Policy
- Economics of Financial Markets
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Please note that applications to this programme from mainland China closed from Wednesday 4 December 2019 (0.00am GMT).
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics International Business View 436 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 bachelor’s Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Economics or a related discipline.
- You are expected to have received a good training in economics, to at least intermediate level, and to have taken at minimum: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Statistics, and Mathematics or a Quantitative module at bachelor’s level.
International20070 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20070 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.