At Transport Engineering, Planning and Management at the Newcastle University you solve problems of global importance. You'll experience our diverse civil engineering research and have access to cutting-edge facilities.
Our MSc programme is designed for both practising professionals and graduates in:
- civil engineering
- any other engineering disciplines
- maths/ physics
- operation research
- urban/ town or spatial planning
- social science
- environmental sciences
Students at Transport Engineering, Planning and Management at the Newcastle University will:
- develop skills required for a successful career in transport
- learn about the principles of transport planning and travel demand forecasting
- learn about the latest techniques and research in mobility planning
- put learning into practice in your own research project
- establish a responsible attitude towards the needs of society, the environment and transport safety considerations
- information processing
- data collection and analysis
- problem solving
- computer literacy
- communication and presentation
- planning and organisation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
DisciplinesTransport Management General Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 746 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Newcastle University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in: any engineering or science subject, geography, town planning, maths, any other closely related or relevant discipline
- Relevant professional experience is welcome, although not essential. We will consider your application on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and significant, relevant professional experience.
- English Language requirements
International27600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home students part time £6,150
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.