Supported by scientists from a wide range of fields including education, sociology and computer science, you will develop the methodological skills to design, use and critically appraise ‘Ed Tech’ across a wide range of settings.
This multi-disciplinary Education and Technology MA at the University College London (UCL) brings together students from a wide range of fields to explore the ways in which educational theory can be applied to the design, development , implementation and research of learning technologies.
As such educators learn to incorporate new technologies into their practice, developers bring an understanding of the learning process into the design and evaluation of technologies, and aspiring researchers build the skills for an academic career in this fast-moving field.
Optional modules include topic areas as learning design, design thinking, artificial intelligence and learning analytics, among others.
Recent graduates of this programme have gone on to work as a head of ICT at an international school in Uganda, an education consultant for a multi-academy trust in the UK, an ICT trainer at a university in Nigeria, a lecturer and instructional designer at a university in Taiwan, and PhD students or research assistants at the UCL Institute of Education.
Other graduates are working as educators, university learning technologists, government education researchers, designers or developers of educational technology, consultants, PR and marketing managers in the EdTech sector.
- Education and Technology: Key Issues and Debates
- Researching Digital Learning
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics in Education
- Design and Use of Technologies for Education
- Digital Design Thinking and Making
- Digital Sociology of Education
- Digital Technologies for Mathematical Learning
- Learning Design for Blended and Online Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Technology Management Early Childhood Education View 101 other Masters in Technology Management in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have a minimum of a second-class UK Bachelor's degree or overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in a relevant subject (related to education and/or technology), and relevant experience in teaching, education and/or a technology related field.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria may sometimes be considered on the basis of an excellent personal statement.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.