- build on their existing knowledge to develop new understandings of key concepts and issues in education, health promotion and international development
- appraise and evaluate current policy and practice through evidence-informed analysis
- draw connections between distinct academic disciplines with regard to the promotion of wellbeing and social justice
- investigate and propose sustainable ways of working and
- through conducting a small-scale research study, apply what they have learned to create personally and professionally relevant new knowledge of the field.
Graduates of this Education, Health Promotion and International Development MA programme offered at the University College London (UCL) have been engaged:
- as policy-makers and advisers in government ministries and departments
- as policy advocates and programme managers in international NGOs and development agencies
- as social research consultants
- as teachers and lecturers in schools, colleges and universities
- as international development consultants
- in doctoral study (either on PhD or EdD programmes).
- Education, Conflict and Fragility
- Education and Development in Asia
- Education and Muslim Communities
- Planning for Education and Development
- Gender, Education and Development
- Gender, Sexuality and Education
- Learners, Learning and Teaching in the Context of Education for All
- Children's Rights in Practice
- Theories of Childhood and Society
- Understanding Education Research
- Understanding Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesHealth Education View 23 other Masters in Health Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required, normally in social science, education or nursing - but a range of undergraduate programmes are excepted (including arts and humanities if the applicant can demonstrate an interest in and understanding of health promotion in their personal statement).
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.