You will gain insight into health-promoting and preventive work, and how different strategies and measures that promote healthy and sustainable diets can be implemented and evaluated.
The Public Health Nutrition - Master in Health Sciences programme at Oslo Metropolitan University also provides insight into key political actors and processes relating to food and nutrition. It includes national and global perspectives with particular focus on the relationship between food systems, diet and sustainability.
- Gain insight into how food and nutrition policy, as well as social, cultural, economic and climate-related factors, relate to the health and nutrition situation at a local, national and global level.
- Learn how to monitor and assess the extent and causes of diet and nutritional challenges among different population groups.
- Be able to use theories, models and strategies, as well as knowledge of political actors and processes to plan, implement and evaluate nutrition-related, health promoting and preventive interventions and policies.
- Can promote equitable access to safe, healthy and sustainable food through all life phases at a local, national and global level.
- Food Systems
- Sustainable Healthy Food
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 3 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply for this programme you need:
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree with a specialisation in food- or nutrition sciences or public health through subjects/courses worth at least 80 ECTS credits, of which 30 ECTS in nutrition are mandatory.
- an average grade of at least C (according to the ECTS grading scale) for your bachelor's degree
- proof of your English proficiency
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- The only cost of this programme is the semester fee (student.oslomet.no) of approximately 1000 NOK.
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.