The programme's presentation is fully online, or a combination of online and face-to-face for those who can attend.
The route has been developed to respond to the needs of educational practitioners in both UK and international settings. Its field of study is pedagogical practice examined through the different lenses of learning, the curriculum and action research. Learning is presented through using the community of practice as a tool to share and enhance understanding.
The majority of students on this Advanced Educational Practice MA course offered at the University College London (UCL) are already in employment, normally in educational settings. It is expected that study on the programme will open up opportunities either for promotion within the student's current place of employment, or enable them to apply for new roles within an educational setting.
The programme, and this route in particular, is designed to empower students as education practitioners through development of transferable academic skills in practitioner research and engagement with literature.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Mentoring Practices
- Independent Study Module
- Supporting Learners and Learning
- Teacher as Author: curriculum design and development
- Assessing Colleagues' Learning
- Developing the Role of the Tutor
- Assessment: Issues and Practice
- Critical Perspectives on Learning and Teaching
- Curriculum Policy and Practice
- Gender, Education and Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 102 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of a second-class Bachelor’s degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or a teaching qualification (Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent) with two years’ practical experience is required.
- Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to consider the Graduate Diploma route.
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,250
- International: £14,250
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.