It deals with services engineering issues, building the skills required to cope with modern construction challenges. As a conversion course, it gives a solid foundation for converting into, or accelerating, a career as a Building Services Engineer, or Technical Sustainability Consultant.
This flexible Building Services Engineering degree from Heriot-Watt University Dubai is aimed at graduates or experienced construction professionals with a wide range of backgrounds in addition to Engineering, such as Project Management, Architecture, the Sciences or Mathematics. Courses are taught by experts in their fields ensuring that content reflects cutting-edge knowledge in the industry. Our active Industry Advisory Panel (including the last two CIBSE Chairs) also includes senior construction professionals from local and global consultants and contractors who help us keep the degree at the cutting edge, and relevant for challenges that lie ahead.
There is an increasing need for construction professionals who understand the need to mitigate against future carbon emissions, and to adapt to future climate threats and predictions: Building Services Engineers are the main provider of these initiatives in the team.
They are the professionals who understand design lifecycles and who can make appropriate material and design decisions which meet the needs of building users now, but also preserve resources for future generations, are sought in every industry sector. The ability to save money, improve sustainability and lower organisational impact is critical.
We have students from all ages, cultures, backgrounds and walks of life but there are two distinct and common motivations: Some students come to advance their existing careers. Others are from different educational or professional backgrounds and wish to enter the industry using this qualification. The degree is designed and sought after to serve both purposes.
- Foundations of Energy
- Building Electrical and Lighting Services
- Modelling for Sustainable Building Design
- Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Water Supply and Drainage for Buildings
- Contracts and Procurement
- Value and Risk Management
- Sustainable Cities
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Most students apply 6–10 months in advance of their chosen intake. We can accept applications up until 3 weeks before the start of each intake
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Arab Emirates
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Heriot-Watt University Dubai and/or in United Arab Emirates, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Minimum of 2:2 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in cognate and semi-cognate subject area.
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered.
- Third class honours degree in a cognate or semi-cognate subject area PLUS 2 years of relevant experience at an appropriate level completed post qualification.
- Cognate or semi-cognate ordinary degree PLUS 3-4 years of relevant experience at an appropriate level following graduation.
- Candidates who do not meet the above entry requirements or have no formal academic qualifications will be considered individually based on their CV and interview. Admission via this route will be at the discretion of the Director of Admissions and the number of successful applicants will be restricted.
International1440 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1440 GBP per module during 30 months.
National1440 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1440 GBP per module during 30 months.
Students pay £1440 per course and £1850 for the Dissertation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.