The scarcity is particularly severe in some non-oil producing developing regions, whereas the residential and service sectors demands are growing quickly while the industrial sector lags behind.
Our region is also witnessing a rapid growth in the demand for energy because of several factors such as increase in use of consumer goods and services, per capita income and the growth in population. In order to attain and sustain an enviable economic growth rate and reduce poverty, today’s managers have to be well versed with the energy sector so as to be able to chalk out long term energy strategies, plan and implement projects for harnessing energy resources best suited to their situation.
The technology to harness energy resources is taught at various engineering schools. There are, however, only a very few institutions and “Think tanks” in the world that focus on Energy Management and Energy Strategies at the national and global levels. To fill out gap for Pakistan the CUI has launched the MEM program which is a pioneering and inter-disciplinary program.
Special Features and ObjectivesThe objectives of the MS in Energy Management at COMSATS University Islamabad are to:
- Prepare the future managers in the field of energy enhancing their understanding of the energy sector and developing skills in planning, strategy formulation and promotion of investment in energy projects.
- Strengthen the alliance between industry and academia in the energy sector and help create robust business partnerships between organizations and institutes both within Pakistan and with other developing nations.
- Enable students to carry out research in specific topics and add new dimensions to the art of energy management, analysis and policy formulation.
- Energy Conservations and Environments
- Energy Dialogue
- Management, Organizational Policy and Practices
- Statistical Inference
- Research Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Energy & Power Engineering View 7 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A 16 years degree in the relevant field from an accredited educational institution, with minimum First division ( annual system) or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (semester system) and no third division ( annual system) or 'D' grade (Semester system) throughout the academic career.
- GAT (General) with 50% marks minimum
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1344 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 672 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.