The current focus will be on Earth surface and hydrological processes including the natural hazards.
The Earth Science programme will take masters students with good knowledge of Geology/Geophysics/Environmental Science/ Agricultural Science and/or B.Tech. students from Civil Engineering/Agricultural Engineering. The M.Tech. programme will aim to strengthen their understanding on specific component of Earth System Science and will provide holistic interdisciplinary understanding of Earth Surface Processes. Further, the courses on computing, mathematics and remote sensing have been designed to provide them strong scientific base to analyse the data related to Earth System Science. Courses on humanities and social science will help them to integrate the natural processes with social impacts.
Overall, special emphasis will be given to develop quantitative understanding of the processes and to develop the mathematical models related to Earth System Science. The students are expected to have interest in quantitative reasoning, mathematical modelling and computing.
Why IIT Gandhinagar ?
IIT Gandhinagar is a dynamic academic institution with a vision to become a leading provider of a well-rounded, world-class education. Our principles dictate that we provide an enabling environment for nurturing critical and creative minds, and propel them to greater heights of excellence in their pursuits. It is with that objective in mind, that we have structured our academic programs, our research initiatives and our partnerships with industry and other academic institutions around the world.
- Earth Surface Processes
- Critical Zone System Science
- River Morphology and Ecology
- Quantitative Geomorphology
- Advanced Engineering Hydrology
- Water Resources Engineering
- Satellite Photogrammetry
- Terrain Modelling and Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST).
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.