Silicon Valley is synonymous with tech start-ups and entrepreneurship and there's so much opportunity and funding in the region that entrepreneurs see it as a fertile ground for turning ideas into a reality.
This Technology Ventures with Digital Manufacturing programme from University of Strathclyde allows you to combine the best of Silicon Valley and Glasgow City Innovation District, creating the perfect combination for students wishing to develop the necessary skills to launch ventures that solve society’s biggest challenges. Studying a Masters in Technology Ventures with Digital Manufacturing at the University of Strathclyde and Carnegie Mellon University, you'll develop specialist skills in: entrepreneurship; technology innovation; digital manufacturing concepts; manufacturing automation; mechatronic system design; Design for Industry 4.0 and smart products
Digital Manufacturing is at the top of all international agendas and experts in this field are highly sought after. According to The Manufacturer “engineering salaries are rising above the UK average thanks to digital manufacturing. New data has shown that those who can help businesses capitalise on technological advances – such as digital technologies and automation – are seeing wages rise well above the national average.
Engineering salaries are being driven up by the increasing demand for candidates with digital skills to capitalise on emerging technologies, as well as the nationwide shortage of engineering talent more broadly. That is according to new data from the 2019 Reed Engineering Salary Guides, which analysed more than 10 million jobs posted since 2015.
Manufacturing and engineering are thriving sectors at the heart of the UK economy. They generate jobs, promote economic growth and increase global trade. Digital Manufacturing is the digital motor that can significantly boost UK business. This course introduces the latest state-of-the-art knowledge and practical hands-on insight into:
- Digital manufacturing concepts
- Manufacturing automation
- Mechatronic systems design techniques
- Design for Industry 4.0 and Smart Products
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Year 1 studied at Carnegie Mellon University. Year 2 studied at Strathclyde.
- Digital Manufacturing Concepts
- Manufacturing Automation
- Mechatronic Systems Design Techniques
- Design for Industry 4 and Smart Products
- Knowledge & Information Management for Engineers
- Postgraduate Group Project
- Postgraduate Individual Project
- Advanced Materials & Production Technology
- Micro- and Nano-Manufacturing
- Systems Thinking & Modelling
- Sustainable Product Design & Manufacturing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 144 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 from an accredited institution (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc., Higher Learning Commission or U.S. Dept. of Education), or international equivalent, in a technical engineering discipline. Examples include: Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Material Sciences and/or Mechanical Engineering
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21850 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
England, Wales & Northern Ireland: £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.