The scope of the Biological Engineering program at IIT Gandhinagar will be expanded in the near future to include other topics in Bioengineering and computational aspects of biology as well. These additions will include courses such as Bioprocess Engineering, Bio-electricity, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, etc. Special emphasis will be given to understanding complex but fundamental concepts of various biological phenomena, and also on the development of a strong experimental skillset needed to understand such phenomena.
Program aimWe aim to recruit students with good knowledge of Cell Biology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Genetic Engineering / Neurobiology / Genetics / Pharmacy and /or B.Tech. students from Biological Engineering / Biotechnology / Pharmacy. The broad-based curriculum, along with IITGN’s emphasis on the humanities and social sciences will not only provide a solid foundation in biological engineering but will also enable the appreciation of their learning tower, real-world applications.The program will follow the general requirements and guidelines of M.Tech. programs at the Institute level, including thecourse work, thesis credits, termination criteria, etc.
Programme StructureCourses offered at BioE
- Introduction to Life Sciences: Fundamentals of Life
- Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology
- Methods in Biology
- Biological Physics
- Human Physiology
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Stem Cells: Science and Applications
- Applied Biological Engineering
- Molecular Basis Of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Cellular Signaling
- Fluorescence Proteins and their Applications
- Analysis and Characterization of Biologicals
- Biomolecular Forensics
- Cell Motility and Cytoskeleton
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale (5.0 for SC/ST)) in M.Sc./M.Pharm./B.Tech./B.E./B.Pharm. or equivalent in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physiology and Biophysics. In addition, the students' with basic degree in Sciences and Engineering with interest in Biological Engineering may also apply for the program.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.