Improvement of the properties of materials is one of the cornerstones of the modern world, leading to new, better products and equipment that are stronger, more sustainable and more efficient. It is such discoveries that the graduates of this Materials Physics program from Kaunas University of Technology seek, who during their studies delve into fundamental and applied physics, study the structure of materials, ways to improve and synthesize materials.
This, together with the mastery of methodology and technique for technological measurements of materials, makes them proficient in processing and analysing experimental results.
These studies combine fundamental and engineering competencies, with a strong focus on practical skills and the application of high technologies (micro- and nanotechnologies)
A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths.
- Use the latest advances and theories in materials science and technology.
- Apply modern surface engineering, micro- and nanotechnology methods and tools.
- To form micro- and nanostructures and to use and develop devices.
- To evaluate the existing knowledge of the theory of physics, to integrate it in planning, organizing and conducting practical research and experiments.
- To prepare the methodology of research work in solving scientific problems.
- Make technological solutions and solve atypical problems.
- To define, analyze and solve the problems of materials science development, research, technological processes and environmental protection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Influence of Radiation on Material
- Nanotechnologies in Power Engineering of Alternative Fuel
- Physics of Magnetic Phenomena
- Plasma Technologies and Analysis Methods
- Research Project
- Applied Optics and Photonics
- Clean Room Technologies
- Computational Materials Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Energy & Power Engineering View 4 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in physics or material science or similar field with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview),
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, GRE or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.