At KTU, the students of MSc Materials Physics receive profound knowledge within physics and materials science and acquire research skills and in-depth theoretical and experimental knowledge of materials composition and improvement of their characteristics. This, together with the mastery of methodology and technique for technological measurements of materials makes them proficient in processing and analysing experimental results.
- These studies combine fundamental and engineering competencies, with a strong focus on practical skills and the application of high technologies (micro- and nanotechnologies)
- A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths
What will you study?
- Phenomena: optical, thermal, relativistic, magnetic, non-linear, nuclear and electronic, ionised particles, the interaction of electronic and laser, X-ray, gamma radiation and material
- Objects: nano- and micro-derivatives, surfaces of solid bodies and thin functional coatings, crystals, nanostructures, thin films
- Materials technologies: surface engineering, micro- and nanotechnologies, physical-plasma technologies
- Application: sensors, spintronics, elements of alternative energy, high radiation technologies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Influence of Radiation on Material
- Nanotechnologies in Power Engineering of Alternative Fuel
- Physics of Magnetic Phenomena
- Plasma Technologies and Analysis Methods
- Applied Optics and Photonics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Energy & Power Engineering View 4 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in physics or material science or similar field with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview),
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.