With the increasing need for “green” industrial processes that would be both cost-efficient and sustainable, the contemporary world relies on industrial biotechnology experts more than ever. KTU’s master study programme in Industrial Biotechnology focuses on new research areas, which are bridging the competencies’ gap between different science and industry fields: production of bioproducts, synthesis of biologically active compounds, enzyme technology, bioprocess engineering, environmental biotechnology, renewable technology.
During your studies, you will gain competencies to model, optimise, and manage bio-processes and will be able to use your skills and knowledge in industrial biotechnology to produce biofuel, chemical substances or consumer goods of high-added value.
KTU industrial biotechnology graduates are praised by the employers for their acquired technological knowledge, understanding of contemporary research equipment, and excellent planning and management skills.
- You will acquire education for working in the most rapidly growing global industry sector
- The Industrial Biotechnology study programme from Kaunas University of Technology contains fully completed and continuously enhanced technical infrastructure for laboratory research
- These studies have been designed to combine fundamental and practical knowledge
After graduation, students will be able to:
- perform analytical analysis of various technological processes, plan and conduct experimental research, analyse and assess experiment’s results;
- select suitable technological parameters, apply computer modelling in biotechnological processes;
- work with biotechnological equipment and devices used in production of bio products;
- apply assessment instruments for financial efficiency of technological development projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytical and Preparative Chromatography
- Applied Microbiology
- Product Quality Systems in Biotechnology Industry
- Technology of Industrial Bioprocesses
- Advanced Optimization and Control Methods for Biotechnological Processes
- Methods of Spectroscopic Analysis of Biomolecules
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Microbiology View 7 other Masters in Biotechnology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kaunas University of Technology and/or in Lithuania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- University bachelor degree certificate
- Engineering, Technology, Physical, Life, Health, Veterinary or Agricultural Sciences study field degree; ≥18 ECTS completed in the Biotechnology study field subjects.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
- The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.