The design of new sustainable processes, materials and chemical products requires an understanding of the synthesis and physical/chemical properties of substances, as well as the relationship between the structure and the properties. While studying MSc Applied Chemistry at KTU, you will develop and analyse state-of-the-art products, innovative technologies, market trends and use contemporary equipment.
During your studies, you will expand your understanding of the complex chemical technology processes and will learn to assess the value of new technologies from an economic perspective. Your deep knowledge of chemistry and chemical technology together will research skills will equip you with the ability to form and solve both fundamental and industry challenges in the field.
After graduating with a master’s in Applied Chemistry at KTU you will be able to develop sustainable and socially responsible large-scale production of various goods, meeting the society’s needs for new products.
The graduates of MSc Applied Chemistry study programme are the innovation leaders – they can shape the society’s attitudes towards science and industry as the drivers of human well-being. Relying on the newest chemistry and chemical technology achievements, they can seek a career in high-technology research and industrial companies. They develop innovative functional, hybrid, composite and nano-materials, alternative energy, environment-friendly processes and materials, biopharmaceutical products that are changing our lives every day.
- While studying, you will have access to the latest complex chromatographic, spectroscopic, thermal, dynamic mechanical analysis, and other equipment
- Students can join internationally renowned research groups, international fundamental research and R&D projects
- Excellent opportunities to go on exchange studies at universities in Germany, the UK, France, Netherlands, Spain and other countries
What will you study?
- Materials: functional, smart, nano-materials, composite, innovative
- Synthesis: modelling of structure, conversion, catalysis and kinetics
- Analysis: thermal, X-ray, spectroscopic, chromatographic
- Technologies: (opto)electronics, energy, functional covers
- Application: idea, model, technology, solution of problems, innovations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds
- Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Collected Chapters of Chemistry
- Liquid and Gas Chromatography
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry Mining, Oil & Gas View 7 other Masters in Chemistry in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in Engineering, Physical, Technology, Life, Health, Veterinary or Agricultural study field degree; ≥18 ECTS completed in the Chemistry study field subjects with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview),
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.