The Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design program from University of Stuttgart aims to train a new generation of experts and decision-makers to develop holistic solutions to the ecological, cultural, and social problems of urban development.
Our students are trained to become all-rounders who know how to combine ideas from the engineering sciences with architectural, ecological, and socio-economic approaches: in terms of both sustainable design and the responsible use of the man-made environment.
What job prospects are available to me after graduation?
IUSD graduates work in the broad field of international urban planning - in development cooperation, for non-governmental organizations, in municipalities, at universities, and in private architecture and urban planning firms.
- As its name suggests, the uniqueness of the program lies in the shift of the learning focus from individual subjects, such as energy efficiency or ecology, to an integrated approach with a focus on sustainable design.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 21 other Masters in Urban Planning in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Stuttgart and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Details on the admission requirements are published on the study program's website. The complete information on the admission process, required knowledge of English, and the criteria for the assessment of professional suitability can be found in the admission regulations.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.