This Professional Engineering - Software Engineering program from The University of Western Australia is a professionally accredited engineering degree for students who have completed undergraduate studies in engineering. You'll specialise in a program of engineering and undertake advanced engineering technical units, professional units, a design and a research project, and undertake an eight to 12-week professional practicum. Beyond practice as a professional engineer, you'll pursue further research studies in engineering, as well as seek employment in a wide range of related industries.
This course, designed in consultation with industry, equips graduates with both outstanding technical skills and the ability to work creatively as part of a team across a diverse range of engineering specialisations. The Master of Professional Engineering unlocks a wide range of career opportunities in engineering and non-engineering sectors in Australia and overseas. Your options for employment will be varied with work available in the energy and resources industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing, construction, power and water utilities, management and consultancy firms, and electronics, finance and telecommunications industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Requirements and Design
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Cloud Computing
- High Performance Computing
- Software Engineering Design Project
- Applied Professional Business Communications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 45 other Masters in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 081025J
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a UWA bachelor's degree with a major in Engineering Science1 or Bachelor of Automation and Robotics; or
- a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent; and
- prior studies in engineering, physics or mathematics; or
- completed units in the Master of Professional Engineering Preliminary course at UWA as prescribed by the Faculty; or
- completed a UWA Diploma in Science with a major in Engineering Science
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International63300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 126600 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National Commonwealth supported students: $8,747.06
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The University of Western Australia is offering scholarships to high-achieving students across the globe who study with us.
- This significant scholarship will be awarded to high-achieving undergraduate and postgraduate students, from selected countries, who apply for particular courses at the University.
- If you're looking to study in Australia, you could be awarded up to AUD$24,000 for postgraduate students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.