About The Course
This course has been developed in consultation with industry to equip you with the advanced technical expertise, critical thinking and professional skills required to remain competitive in a global workforce.
Focus on your chosen field of engineering to further your career options. For example, students interested in a career in the oil and gas industry can opt to specialise in chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering.
By choosing the discipline that most interests you, you will not only gain a deep understanding of the discipline from a holistic engineering perspective, but undertake units relevant to your area of interest.
The Professional Engineering - Civil Engineering program from The University of Western Australia is the route to a professional engineering qualification for those who have studied the Engineering Science major in the UWA Engineering Direct Pathway.
This course, designed in consultation with industry, equips graduates with both outstanding technical skills and the ability to work creatively as part of a team across a diverse range of engineering specialisations.
The Master of Professional Engineering unlocks a wide range of career opportunities in engineering and non-engineering sectors in Australia and overseas. Your options for employment will be varied with work available in the energy and resources industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing, construction, power and water utilities, management and consultancy firms, and electronics, finance and telecommunications industries.
The Master of Professional Engineering has been assessed for accreditation by Engineers Australia, the national accrediting body.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Geomechanics
- Civil Hydraulics
- Structural Concrete
- Structural Steel
- Civil Engineering Design Project
- Numerical Methods and Modelling
- Finite Element Method
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 208 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor's degree with a major in Engineering Science, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; or
- a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent; and
- prior studies in engineering, physics or mathematics;
- completed units in the Master of Professional Engineering Preliminary course at UWA as prescribed by the Faculty;
- completed a UWA Diploma in Science with a major in Engineering Science with an average of at least 60 per cent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42200 AUD per year during 24 months.
- National average annual fee: $8,126.47
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The University of Western Australia is offering scholarships to high-achieving students across the globe who study with us.
- This significant scholarship will be awarded to high-achieving undergraduate and postgraduate students, from selected countries, who apply for particular courses at the University.
- If you're looking to study in Australia, you could be awarded up to AUD$24,000 for postgraduate students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.