The Graduate Certificate of Data Science in Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney , comprising of machine learning theory and applications and advanced quantitative methods, provides participants with additional specialised skill sets – specifically in data science – that are in high demand, even among the more traditional financial organisations.
This data science program also enables Master of Quantitative Finance graduates to extend the specialist skills and expertise of the quantitative finance specialisation through completion of the Graduate Certificate of Data Science in Quantitative Finance as a standalone graduate certificate.
Career options include data analyst, data scientist, forecaster, market risk analyst, credit risk analyst, data modeller and data engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The subjects in this course are technical in nature and focus on quantitative finance applications through examples and case studies.
- The course aims to extend technical skills acquired in quantitative finance or other technical specialisations.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Spring Session International:
- Applicants based outside Australia: 30 April
- Applicants based in Australia: 31 May
DisciplinesFinance Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 41 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Visa requirement: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
CIRCOS code 104626A
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International891 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 891 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.