This course brings together a distinctive mix of different subjects, providing students with the fundamental knowledge, core expertise and evidence-based methodological tools and approaches necessary to understand, analyse, prevent and mitigate terrorism.
We have entered an era where society faces critical issues in relation to terrorism and the fight against terrorism. The MSc in Counterterrorism Risk Management and Resilience provides a rigorous, evidence-based qualification which will assist graduates to start careers in a wide variety of fields, including those related to security, policing, military, government policy, and international work. Beyond this, the MSc will help assist the careers of graduates who are already working in these and related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Counterterrorism
- Risk, Crisis and Resilience
- Strategies, Ideologies and Tactics of Terrorism
- Terrorism Risk Management and Mitigation
- Understanding Terrorism and Counterterrorism
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Terrorism (CBRN)
- Counterterrorism and Intelligence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesCriminology Political Science Terrorism & Security View 179 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. criminology, law, politics, psychology, forensic science, etc) or the professional equivalent. Students with other degrees who can show a knowledge of and interest in the elements of the subject will also be considered.
- All applicants to courses that are wholly or partially delivered at the UK Defence Academy in Shrivenham, which is a Ministry of Defence (MOD) site require security clearance in order to attend the site.
- As one of the core modules of the MSc in Counter Terrorism Risk Management and Resilience is delivered at the UK Defence Academy security clearance will be required in order to register for this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20600 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
National10300 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
- MSc Part-time £10,300
- PgDip Full-time £8,250
- PgDip Part-time £8,250
- PgCert Full-time £5,150
- PgCert Part-time £5,150
- MSc Part-time £20,600
- PgDip Full-time £16,700
- PgDip Part-time £16,700
- PgCert Full-time £8,350
- PgCert Part-time £8,350
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.