Cranfield University 's Forensic Explosive and Explosion Investigation MSc will give you a broad introduction into the subject, and will utilise highly practical and hands-on sessions, aiming to produce forensic experts capable of giving expert witness testimonies in a courtroom situation and elsewhere.
The course allows you to flexibly choose a number of elective modules to suit your prospective career. You can choose from a list of different capabilities within the scope of the course, whether than be Hazardous materials, counter-improvised explosive devices (IED) investigation or firearms and their investigation.
Supports professional development for those in security and defence occupations related to explosives, intelligence or search. Excellent grounding for career starters looking to join government scientific services, forensic laboratories, police departments and insurance companies.
The MSc of this course is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ballistic Impact and Protection
- Counter Improvised Explosive Devices Capability
- Courtroom Skills
- Explosive Effects on Structures
- Forensic Investigation of Explosives and Explosive Devices
- Investigation and Evidence Collection
- Reasoning for Forensic Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Forensic Science Terrorism & Security View 148 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first or second class honours degree or equivalent in forensic science or scientific discipline, or the professional equivalent. Students with other degrees who can show a knowledge of and interest in the scientific elements of the subject will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20600 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
National10300 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
- MSc Full-time £10,300
- MSc Part-time £10,300
- PgDip Full-time £8,250
- PgDip Part-time £8,250
- MSc Full-time £20,600
- MSc Part-time £20,600
- PgDip Full-time £16,700
- PgDip Part-time £16,700
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
home feesMSc Full-time £10,300MSc Part-time £10,300 *PgDip Full-time £8,250PgDip Part-time £8,250 *
* Fees can be paid in full up front, or in equal annual instalments. Students who complete their course before the initial end date will be invoiced the outstanding fee balance and must pay in full prior to graduation.
MSc Full-time £20,600
MSc Part-time £20,600 *
PgDip Full-time £16,700
PgDip Part-time £16,700 *
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.