Do you want to help children make sense of the world around them and inspire scientists of the future? You can by teaching physics in secondary schools and helping students see how physics plays a crucial role in everyday life.
And, there’s never been a better time to train as talented physics teachers are in high demand.
You will begin by understanding the needs of individual learners, learning to notice, understand and implement key teaching strategies.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
With PGCE Secondary Education with QTS – Physics (11-16 years) course at University of Cumbria , you'll be able to apply for a position as a high school science teacher immediately after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Physics View 173 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or a related degree (e.g. Engineering), depending on your chosen specialism, is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
- Evidence of motivation and appropriate professional values.
- IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU To be confirmed
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All EU/EEA/Swiss students that start a programme in September 2021 will be eligible for an automatic Fees Discount Scholarship.The discount will be applicable to all years of their degree (3 years or 4 years).
Additional information can be found on the University website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.