The course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built in and students will apply for a position as a secondary school teacher during the course of their studies and teaching practice.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
With QTS built-in, you'll be able to apply for a position as a secondary school RE teacher immediately after graduation.
Our PGCE Secondary Education with QTS – Religious Education (11-16 years) at University of Cumbria is fully compliant with the Department for Education (DfE) requirements, so you can expect to do a minimum of 120 days in two contrasting schools giving you the essential hands-on experience you need for future employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Teaching Secondary Education View 146 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cumbria and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification in a Religious Studies related subject is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge. Where relevant we will consider other qualifications or work/voluntary experience as evidence of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.