Learn all the knowledge of PGCE General Primary but with a pathway in mathematics, so that you can hone your pedagogy in this area and be a specialist in school able to raise children’s achievements in maths, to get the best out of their learning.
You’ll learn through theory and plenty of first-hand experience how to work within the National Curriculum framework, the concepts and inhibitions of maths, and confidently devise and deliver interesting lessons to engage young minds across a broad spectrum of subjects in primary school.
And, because our course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built-in, you can apply for a position as a primary school teacher the minute you graduate.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
This PGCE General Primary with QTS – Mathematics Specialism at University of Cumbria can lead to a fulfilling career as a primary Maths teacher. Nine out of 10 of our graduates go into a professional teaching career or further education within six months of graduating.
As this is a PGCE, it also includes some work at masters level, leading to 60 credits that can count towards an MA in Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Raising the Achievement of Children
- High Quality Learning and Teaching
- Pedagogy and Practice
- Leading and Managing Change in the Primary School
- Developing Specialism Expertise
- The Cumbria Teacher of Reading
- Beginning Professional Practice
- Developing Professional Practice
- Extending Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Pedagogy View 182 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a first degree, or its equivalent with a minimum of 2:2 honours.
- Three GCSEs equivalents at minimum grade C/4 or above to include English Language, Mathematics and Science (including Biology, Chemistry or Physics).
- A satisfactory academic (university) reference AND a satisfactory professional reference if more than three years since academic study
- The ability to discriminate key ideas and express arguments
- All candidates must demonstrate professional suitability through interview
- IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course. The university will contact you about this if you are offered a place.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course. The university will contact you about this if you are offered a place.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU - To be confirmed
All EU/EEA/Swiss students that start a programme in September 2021 will be eligible for an automatic Fees Discount Scholarship.The discount will be applicable to all years of their degree (3 years or 4 years). Additional information can be found on the University website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.