This programme is aimed at developing the subject and multicultural competences, communicative, methodological, reflective, managerial-administrative, and entrepreneurial skills. It also forms and supports the professional identity of a future teacher. The programme includes traditional as well as innovative philological and pedagogical courses created by leading specialists of the University of Tartu. During the pedagogical internship, students acquire real-life experience of teaching Russian as a foreign language to a mixed age group of non-native speaker students with various cultural backgrounds.
Why study Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language at UT?
- UT is one of the oldest universities in Northern and Eastern Europe (founded in 1632). It belongs to the top 1.2% of the world's best universities (QS World University Rankings 2020).
- UT is ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in education and training (QS Rankings 2020).
- Studying in Narva gives an opportunity to improve the Russian language as a foreign language in everyday and socio-cultural communication in the city environment.
- A diploma of the University of Tartu opens multiple possible career paths anywhere in the EU, the USA, or other foreign countries.
- Home to the world-known Tartu School of philology, cultural studies and semiotics (The Tartu-Moscow School of Semiotics).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philological and pedagogical education in 2 years.
- Opportunity to improve the mastery of the Russian language as a foreign language and to reach the proficiency level of C1.
- An opportunity to choose different courses of any programme of the University of Tartu and to study in a group with native speakers of Russian.
- Flexible module of studies with e-learning support for every course of the programme.
- An opportunity to pass a proficiency test of Russian as a foreign language (TORFL) and receive an internationally accepted certificate.
Olga Burdakova (PhD), Programme Director.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- Confirmed Russian language proficiency at the B2 level.
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Scholarships are not available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.