“InterMaths (Interdisciplinary Mathematics) Erasmus Mundus Joint” is a 2-Year full-time Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Mathematical Modelling and Simulation with interdisciplinary applications, with a special focus on biomedical Sciences and industrial engineering. It is run by five European Universities:
- University of L´Aquila (UAQ) - Coordinating Institution
- Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
- Vienna University of Technology (TUW)
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- University of Cote d’Azur in Nice (UCA)
“InterMaths” prepares for a career in research as well as in private enterprises, in particular in industrial engineering, manufacturing, pharmaceutics, biomedical industry. Our study plans develop mathematical skills that are relevant to a broad range of interdisciplinary fields:
- Mathematical modelling,
- Scientific computing,
- Control and optimization,
- Stochastic modelling,
- Image processing methods.
The “InterMaths” graduate is a professional scientist equipped with advanced and innovative skills in mathematical modelling and scientific computing, who’s able to translate challenging real-world problems into complex models, to solve them in a reasonable time and at reasonable cost, and to apply them in specific practical situations in a team with scientists coming from other disciplines.
InterMaths is directed to students with a wide range of previous Bachelor studies such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science and the like.
InterMaths is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programme (one the Erasmus+ programmes funded by the European Commission), a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions.
- Applied Mathematics (University of L´Aquila)
- Numerical – Modelling Training (Hamburg or Vienna)
- Cancer Modelling and Simulation (L’Aquila)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics in Industry (Vienna)
- Decision Making and Applications to Logistics (Barcelona)
- Modelling and Simulation of Infectious Diseases (L’Aquila)
- Computational Methods in Biomedical Imaging (Hamburg)
- Stochastic Modelling in Neuroscience (Nice)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 30 other Masters in Physics in Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other similar field with a very strong mathematical background (BS, BSc, SB, etc. or a degree at the same level of an academic Bachelor's Degree, e.g. its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of high standing, or 180 ECTS credits in the European system)
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of L´Aquila and/or in your country of interest, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application is open to students of any nationality. Academic Requirements. Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other similar field with a very strong mathematical background (BS, BSc, SB, etc. or a degree at the same level of an academic Bachelor's Degree, e.g. its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of high standing, or 180 ECTS credits in the European system). All applicants are required to prove an advanced level of English (CEFR B2/C1 level).
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Fully covered via Erasmus Mundus (EMJMD) scholarships. Non-scholarship holders might be benefit from partial waiver, so they'll only be charged EUR 2,800.
Living costs for L’Aquila
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We offer 20 full scholarships through the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Programme (EMJMD) worth 49,000 EUR (maximum).
For the 2021 intake, in addition to the EMJMD scholarships detailed above, we will also offer a so-called Consortium Scholarship to a (TBD) number of eligible students from the waiting list who won't be awarded an EMJMD scholarship.
The Consortium Scholarships will grant the students partial waiver of the participations costs, which will allow them to join our programme by paying a total of 2,800 EUR (700/semester) instead of 18,000 EUR.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.