There is a global shortage of automation, instrumentation, and control engineers. Due to the rapid growth of new industries and technologies, industrial processes are becoming increasingly automated. Previously mechanized systems that required human intervention now use computerized control systems for higher accuracy, precision, and cost-effectiveness.
Industrial automation is one of those expanding streams of engineering with an increasingly profound influence on most industries and enterprises. This Industrial Automation Engineering graduate certificate from Engineering Institute of Technology will provide you with advanced skills in Industrial Automation. Students with a background in electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control, or industrial computer systems engineering can benefit from this program.
The content has been carefully designed to provide you with relevant concepts and the tools required in today’s fast-moving work environment. Our Programmable Logic Controllers unit covers in-depth principles of operation of PLCs, networking, distributed controllers, and program control strategies. The unit on industrial process control systems combines the process identification and feedback control design with a broad understanding of the hardware, system architectures, and software techniques widely used to evaluate and implement complex control solutions.
Our industrial instrumentation unit identifies key features of widely used measurement techniques and transducers combined with microprocessor devices to create robust and reliable industrial instruments. Undertaking process engineering will enable you to evaluate and apply complex process calculations through the application of control principles.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Process control, commissioning and production management
- Plant, factory and building automation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) and SCADA
- Industrial design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, maintenance, field services, and technical support
- Controls, instrumentation, and robotics
- Industrial project management and business development
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This Graduate Certificate is a formally recognized qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Professional Engineering Management
- Industrial Process Control Systems
- Industrial Instrumentation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least one week prior to the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to:
- Hold a recognized bachelor degree (or above) in engineering or science in a congruent field of practice,
- Have completed the equivalent of first-year Bachelor level mathematics, or are able to demonstrate recognized relevant work experience.
- Have an appropriate level of English Language Proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Tuition fees depend on your country of origin.
- If you are eligible for a CSP your subsidized course fees will be AU$500 (AU$125 per unit).
For a limited period the Australian Government is offering a number of Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) for eligible students for this program. This means that the fee for this course will be reduced from AU$4,760.00 to AU$500 (AU$125 per unit).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.