The Healthcare and Medicine programme at The University of Exeter can offer a wide range of supervision across our core research areas but we are also involved with interdisciplinary research with other Colleges in the University of Exeter.
- Close-working relationship with the National Health Service (NHS) - our priorities will continue to reflect national needs and priorities.
- Commitment to high-quality applied medical research spanning from the basic biomedical to applied health services.
- Medical imaging research focuses on musculoskeletal imaging and diseases associated with aging.
- Research into new diagnostic techniques including computer-assisted diagnosis and thermal imaging techniques.
Our core research themes align us closely with the interests of the NHS with whom we have close working relationship. Our priorities will continue to reflect national needs and priorities. This will place you in a strong position for your future career.
Our postgraduate research students can access our Postgraduate Researchers' Programme, which covers a range of topics to help you complete a successful research degree and to act as a springboard for your research career.
In addition, all students have access the University's Career Zone providing business contacts, support and training as well as the opportunity to meet potential employers at our regular Careers Fairs.
Doing a research degree can be great for your career but it also builds personal development, confidence and independence.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Our research based around four distinct themes:
- Diabetes, Cardiovascular risk and Ageing
- Environment and Human Health
- Health Services Research
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1771 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should be highly motivated and have, or expect to obtain, either a first or upper-second class BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.