Children's Nursing at Keele University will prepare students to care for children and young people with mental, physical, cognitive or behavioural health challenges. MSc Children's Nursing students will learn how to put children, young people and their families at the centre of their care.
The MSc Nursing programme reflects the changing delivery of health care, whereby services are designed around the needs of children, young people, and their families, with services focussing on the whole child not just their illness. Children and young people receive nursing care in a range of settings including home, school and hospital and therefore the programme will provide students with a wide range of practice placements, in order to understand the healthcare experience of children and young people in different settings.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be a qualified, capable postgraduate nurse ready to work in your chosen specialism. You will have developed competency in assessing, delivering and managing nursing care and be able to confidently support your nursing practice decisions with a robust evidence base. You will have the research and leadership skills to work as a leader and change agent.
You will graduate with an MSc and key sets of clinical, interpersonal and research skills, ready to register as an adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. You will have the opportunity to find employment in a range of settings in the UK or internationally. Nursing work can be diverse and in planning your future career you may wish to follow one of the following career pathways: Practitioner, Educator, Researcher or Manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In your first year you build and expand on the fundamentals of nursing practice including essential care and learn how to work in a professional setting. You also explore the concepts of nursing care in context, health promotion, pharmacology and develop a research plan for your dissertation.
- In your second year you build on your experience and develop your skills in caring for patients with higher acuity requirements using clinical reasoning skills.
- You will develop leadership skills in practice, take on more responsibility and leadership in preparation for your professional transition from student nurse to registered professional.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 252 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first honours degree (normally 2:2 or above) in any subject
English Language and Maths GCSE at grade A* - C (discuss with admissions team if you have equivalent qualifications)
- Any overseas qualifications should be equivalent to UK qualifications which meet our entry requirements. If you have completed your degree outside the UK, we will require a clear copy of your degree documentation to ensure NARIC comparability. Please note that all applicants who are invited to interview will be required to present their original degree documentation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.