The MPA bridges theory and practice, enabling students to acquire the skills and understanding needed for effective management and strategy in government. The programme is delivered in a highly motivated international learning environment.
The Finance pathway enables managers in the public sector and not-for-profit sector to update and improve their understanding of financial and economic management.
The Masters in Public Administration (Finance) programme at University of Birmingham is particularly designed for those working in finance ministries, finance sections within sectoral ministries, development banks, local government, public enterprises, aid providers, non-governmental organisations, and research and training organisations who wish to participate at a strategic level in financial management decisions.
The knowledge and skills gained in the programme will equip graduates for jobs in international, national and local government and non-governmental organisations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Public Financial Management
- Public Economic Management
- Authoritarianism and Development
- Conflict, Humanitarian Aid and Social Reconstruction
- Conflict and Development
- Democracy and Development
- Development Cooperation Beyond Aid
- Development in Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership International Development View 314 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (the equivalent US Grade Point Average is 3.0) or
- A lower second-class Honours degree from an approved university with excellent work experience.
- Adequate capacity in written and spoken English
- Degrees from all disciplines are considered and a candidate's work experience can also be taken into consideration.
International18450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU/EEA: £4,625 fee part time
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.