Members of the graduate faculty are nationally known for their research, teaching, and service within the profession. Faculty devote time to student-centered learning in classrooms, laboratories, and community settings. Facilities include neuromuscular, exercise physiology, biomechanics and sport medicine, motor ability, and sport pedagogy laboratories.
The mission of the Department of Health and Human Performance is to create and disseminate knowledge promoting evidence-based practice in health promotion, public health, exercise science, and recreation professions. The department aims to be a national leader in promoting human performance and health-related quality of life for all.
The mission of the Exercise Science (Strength and Conditioning and Sport Coaching Concentration) program from Texas State University is to nurture students into lifelong learners through effective and innovative teaching, research, and service. The program also aims to cultivate graduates into models of healthy behaviors that advance the profession.
Graduates with an M.S. in exercise science or an M.Ed. in physical education will be in demand and able to work in all sectors of the workforce, including federal, state, and local government health agencies, public schools, and universities. Positions include rehabilitation specialists, clinical exercise physiologists, strength, conditioning, and sport coaches, directors of fitness and wellness programs, and physical education teachers.
- Human Growth and Development II
- Research Seminar (May be repeated twice)
- Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Physical Activity, Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Applied Neuromuscular and Skeletal Muscle Physiology
- Applied Exercise Metabolism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 277 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- statement of purpose (approximately 500 words, typed and double-spaced)
- three letters of recommendation (including at least two academic references from current or former professors) regarding professional and academic competence and character
International27540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12852 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.