Human Development and Family Sciences (Program Administration and Evaluation) from Texas State University offers a flexible model of graduate training that allows students to develop individualized degree plans catered to career goals, provides opportunities to conduct research, supports cross-disciplinary education and emphasizes mentorship and professional opportunities to support students’ development and career placement.
Students will find a variety of career options available after graduation including:
- Child Life Specialists in hospitals and community-based nonprofit organizations
- leadership roles in nonprofit agencies and early childhood education programs
- research and project coordinators in governmental agencies
- faculty members at community colleges
- Adult Learning and Development
- Multicultural Perspectives in Postsecondary Education and Adult Education
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Loss and Grief Recovery Counseling
- Developmental Issues in Counseling Children, Adolescents, and Adults
- Child and Adolescent Counseling Methods
- Teaching Learning Strategies and Critical Thinking
- Child Life Specialist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Family & Consumer Science Community Development View 102 other Masters in Community Development in United States
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work
- official GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores in the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections
- statement of purpose (approximately 500 words)
- three letters of recommendation
International13992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6996 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6996 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3216 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.