Students develop multidisciplinary engineering skills with academic depth and industry-driven application focus, necessary for a highly rewarding career in engineering.
The Engineering (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) program from Texas State University aims to provide students with an exceptional education in various disciplines of engineering, help students achieve excellence in graduate studies and research through a dedicated faculty and a nationally recognized research program, and serve the state and the nation by creating highly-skilled, diverse and motivated professionals capable of technological innovation and dedicated to the improvement of society. The Ingram School will serve students and employers by offering accredited and relevant engineering programs with input from an active Industrial Advisory Board representing local industries.
Employment growth in engineering and engineering-related jobs that require a master’s degree is expected to be strong over the next decade and beyond, according to recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Graduates of this program will be ready to enter the workforce in industrial, service, and government organizations or to pursue doctoral studies leading to academic and research-related careers.
- Water Quality Management
- Transport and Fate of Contaminants
- Advanced Infrastructure Materials
- Highway Bridge Design
- Pavement Design
- Urban Stormwater Management
- Infrastructure Systems Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 384 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- baccalaureate degree in engineering, computer science, physics, technology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited university. Read additional information about background course work.
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- official GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores in the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections
- resume/CV detailing prior work experience, research experience, awards, scholarships, and other related qualifications
- statement of purpose (two pages) conveying your research interests, plans for graduate study, and professional aspirations
- two letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with your scholarly work and/or relevant work experience
International23715 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23715 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11067 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.