The Postgraduate Diploma in Genomic Medicine from University of Cambridge has been developed by the University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education and Cambridge University Hospitals in partnership with Wellcome Sanger Institute, Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences, and EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute.
This is a part-time course designed to fit with the demands of full-time employment. The course is delivered through a combination of face-to-face sessions requiring attendance in Cambridge, self-directed learning and supported through a virtual learning environment [VLE].
Aims of the programme
- To provide professionally relevant teaching and learning informed by research in an integrated clinical and research environment;
- To develop and create a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine able to pursue and develop their roles in a rapidly-changing and challenging environment of genomic medicine;
- To prepare healthcare professionals for the adoption of genomic technologies and the increasing use of genomic information as part of the diagnostic and treatment pathway;
- To develop a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine with the confidence to lead service improvement for safe and high quality patient care, and with the required knowledge, skills and capability to have a positive personal impact on the work of others;
The PG Diploma is a two year course and students must complete eight modules. There is additional between-module reflection, study and assignment work.
- Omics techniques and their application to genomic medicine
- Bioinformatics, interpretation and data quality assurance in genome analysis
- Application of genomics in infectious disease
- Molecular pathology of cancer and application in cancer diagnosis, screening, and treatment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 930 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants are normally expected to a hold a 2i degree or higher from a UK university or an equivalent from an overseas university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of relevant qualification certificates and transcripts
- Language proficiency (if required)
- Contact details of two referees who will be contacted on your behalf
- Evidence of funding (if applicable)
- Employer support letter
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.