- Expertise in a host of languages, including Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Kurdish, Russian and Spanish
- Opportunity to do a translation work placement or project
- Access to free English-language support through INTO University of Exeter
- Dedicated space for study and collaborative work in a refurbished Foreign Language Centre
To succeed in the translation industry you will need a range of practical expertise as well as excellent language skills. The Translation Studies programme at The University of Exeter will give you the tools you need whether you choose to work in the industry or pursue a PhD.
With our industry-recognised qualification you will have the skills specified in EU standards for translation and a variety of career paths will be open to you. Our graduates have become freelance translators with their own businesses; they have found employment as in-house translators and project managers in translation companies as well as in international businesses; they have also entered other language-related professions, including publishing, journalism, public relations or language teaching. In addition, they have chosen to pursue further advanced study in doctoral programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Translation Dissertation
- Translation Theory
- The Practice of Translation
- Specialist Translation
- The Translation Profession
- Translation Work Placement / Project
- Translation as Literary and Creative Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 115 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally equivalent to a UK 2:1 Honours degree in English, Linguistics, Translation or a similar subject. Exceptions may be made if you are already working within the translation industry.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees per year:
- UK: £4,750 part-time
- International: £10,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.