There is a growing urgency in calls to address the environmental crises driven by climate change, human population growth, land cover and land use change, and pollution. These crises are covered in the media almost it seems on a daily basis, and governments have increasingly promised to take greater action to tackle them at both national and international levels.
Cranfield University 's Global Environmental Change welcomes students from a variety of academic backgrounds, ranging from economic and social sciences to natural sciences and engineering who have a passion for solving real-world problems and making a positive impact. The course has been specifically designed to support students with a desire to take a more multidisciplinary approach to their learning.
In this respect, you will have the opportunity to select from available module options from across the environment, water, and energy programme, tailoring these with the help of a tutor, to suit your personal learning ambitions. You will develop a range of personal and leadership skills as you progress through the course, to set you on the path to a rewarding career in becoming part of the solution to the environmental challenges that we face today.
With the current global focus on finding ways to tackle global environmental challenges, you can expect to be highly sought after by employers. Successful Cranfield students will develop diverse and rewarding careers in consultancies, research and teaching organisations, non-government organisations, and national and local government departments involved in finding solutions to national and global environmental challenges. The international nature of this course means that career opportunities are not restricted to the UK. Cranfield graduates develop careers around the world and are internationally recognised by employers across the scientific, industrial and educational communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Global Environmental Change
- Decision Science for Global Environmental Change
- Cleantech in Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Sustainable Environmental Solutions
- Pollution Prevention and Remediation Technologies
- Water and Sustainable Agrifood Systems
- Waste Management in a Circular Economy: Reuse, Recycle, Recover and Dispose
- Land Engineering Principles and Practices
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Economics & Policy View 105 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK honours degree in a relevant science, engineering or related discipline; or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22150 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10825 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- MSc Part-time £1,685
- PgDip Full-time £8,250
- PgDip Part-time £1,685
- PgCert Full-time £4,750
- PgCert Part-time £1,685
- MSc Part-time £22,150
- PgDip Full-time £17,950
- PgDip Part-time £17,950
- PgCert Full-time £8,950
- PgCert Part-time £8,950
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Brian Meredith Net Zero Scholarship
- Environment and Agrifood International Excellence Scholarship
- Environment and Agrifood Net Zero scholarships
- Butterfield Postgraduate Environment Scholarship
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Master's Loan from Student Finance England
- Scottish Power Master's Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- Delta Foundation Chevening Scholarships Taiwan
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.