- Gain the skills needed to collect, analyse, model and extract meaningful information from data in a way that is relevant to a broad range of careers
- Build on your existing mathematical and quantitative skills as you encounter a wide variety of statistical techniques and applications
- Explore how to perform complex statistical analyses and communicate your findings to a variety of audiences
- Learn the theory and application of traditional and modern statistical methods from the foundations of statistical theory to the application of cutting-edge regression models.
Statisticians are found in many sectors. Demand for graduates with the ability to competently organise and analyse data is increasing as the amount of digital information available rapidly grows.
Your degree will provide you with analytical and statistical skills that are highly sought after by employers. Roles directly relating to a qualification in statistics exist in the public and private sectors and include actuarial analyst, actuary, data analyst or scientist, financial risk analyst, investment analyst, market or operational researcher and statistician.
This Statistics programme at The University of Exeter will also provide an excellent foundation should you wish to pursue advanced postgraduate research in statistics within academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Thinking
- Bayesian Statistics, Philosophy and Practice
- Applications of Data Science and Statistics
- Engaging with Research
- Advanced Topics in Statistics
- Statistical Modelling in Space and Time
- Research Project in Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data View 331 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2:1 honours degree in a quantitative subject, for example: statistics, mathematics, engineering or physics.
International21450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.