Based on truly interdisciplinary collaborations, the Applied Sciences to Cultural Heritage, Materials and Sites degree from University of Padua offers the theoretical background and the necessary practical knowledge towards the application of scientific methods to archaeological and cultural heritage materials.
Graduates work as archaeologist, archaeological scientists, consultants and planners for diagnostic programs of sites and CH objets, managers of archaeological sites, consultants and planners for Museums, consultants and planners for conservation programs. In Italy, they can specialize further and enroll in the list of professional archaeologists. Their competences and knowledge will be unique for the interpretation and valorization of archaeological and CH materials.
The University of Padua is among the top 100 in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 for Archeology.
It is also among the top 200 in the Times Higher Education's World University Rankings 2022 for Archeology.
- Integrated analysis of cultural heritage materials
- Geomorphology of archaeological landscapes and sites
- Suite of courses on Materials properties and conservation (stone materials, binders, biomaterials)
- Geoarchaeology and micromorphology
- Dating techniques
- Geophysics for cultural heritage
- Macromolecules and genetics
- Communication and digital experience in CH
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- 2 November - 2 February
- 2 March - 2 May
DisciplinesArchaeology History Art History View 7 other Masters in History in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Chemical and Physical Sciences, Engineering, Computers Sciences, Architectural and Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences, Geography, Turism Sciences, Cultural Heritage, Archaeology, or Human Sciences, with proven skills and/or motivation in Archaeological Sciences and Conservation of Cultural Heritage
- Additional entry requirements – Entry title and GPA
International2533 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2533 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2533 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2533 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Our tuition fees don’t exceed 2700 euros per year. Scholarship and fee waivers are available for international students, for more information visit our website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.