Based on truly interdisciplinary collaborations, the Applied Sciences to Art, Archaeological Materials and Sites programme from University of Padua offers the theoretical background and the necessary practical knowledge towards the application of scientific methods to archaeological and cultural heritage materials.
Graduates work as archaeologist, archaeological scientists, consultants and planners for diagnostic programs of sites and CH objets, managers of archaeological sites, consultants and planners for Museums, consultants and planners for conservation programs.
In Italy, they can specialize further and enroll in the list of professional archaeologists.
Their competences and knowledge will be unique for the interpretation and valorization of archaeological and CH materials.
- Integrated analysis of cultural heritage materials
- Geomorphology of archaeological landscapes and sites
- Suite of courses on Materials properties and conservation (stone materials, binders, biomaterials)
- Geoarchaeology and micromorphology
- Dating techniques
- Geophysics for cultural heritage
- Macromolecules and genetics
- Communication and digital experience in CH
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Chemical and Physical Sciences, Engineering, Computers Sciences, Architectural and Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences, Geography, Turism Sciences, Cultural Heritage, Archaeology, or Human Sciences, with proven skills and/or motivation in Archaeological Sciences and Conservation of Cultural Heritage.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
- You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
- If you are admitted to the degree programme, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
- English language at B2 level (CEFR) or equivalent.
International2529 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2529 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2529 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2529 EUR per year during 24 months.
Our tuition fees are balanced according to your family’s income and will not exceed 2600 euros per year. Also, we offer a wide range of funding opportunities.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.