Ready to inspire and change the lives of Primary aged children with the learning of our acclaimed PGCE General Primary? This programme allows you to hone your skills and experience to teach engaging lessons in a primary school setting. This unique course pathway gives you the opportunity to raise children's achievements and cultivate a lifelong love of learning.You’ll learn through a blend of theory and hands-on experience, working within the National Curriculum framework. You'll explore the concepts and key themes of Primary General, confidently devising and delivering engaging lessons to children aged 5-11 years old.Over half the course will be spent working with children on assessed placement, with school-based enrichment activities alongside your university-based study. You'll take three placements across a variety of schools and settings, building a wealth of experience to help advance your future career.
ProgressionThe PGCE General Primary with QTS (5-11) course at University of Cumbria also recognises that gaining a PGCE and achieving QTS is not the end of your professional learning journey. It is with this in mind that the contributory modules have been planned to allow you to undertake a seamless transition to a University of Cumbria MA in education. The learning outcomes of the modules have been mapped to the learning outcomes of the MA and the credits that you accrue on the PGCE are recognised as part of the MA.
- Building Professional Understanding
- Enhancing Professional Practice
- Being a Teacher
- Learning Teaching and Subject Knowledge
- Subject Knowledge and Pedagogy
- Cumbria Teacher of Reading
- Beginning Professional Practice (placement module)
- Developing Professional Practice (placement module)
- Extending Professional Practice (placement module)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Pedagogy View 165 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
- Normally a first degree, or equivalent with a minimum of 2:2 honours.
- Three GCSEs at minimum grade C/4 or above to include English Language, Mathematics and Science (including biology, chemistry or physics).
- A satisfactory academic (university) reference AND a satisfactory professional reference if more than three years since academic study.
- All candidates must demonstrate professional suitability through interview and must obtain medical and enhanced DBS clearance according to established university procedures.
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Automatic tuition fee discount applied for all EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, currently resident in Europe, who will be commencing their studies in 2022/23. The scholarship will reduce the level of tuition fees that are payable from the Overseas tuition rate to the Home / UK tuition fee . If the course is of more than one year's duration the scholarship will be applied each year for the duration of the degree programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.