- We will train you to identify and analyse a wide range of social processes and dynamics as they relate to the production, distribution and consumption of ‘mass’, ‘popular’ and ‘high-brow’ cultural forms and artefacts and to think critically about the modes by which they are evaluated and understood
- In the Society and Culture - Arts, Media and Consumption programme at The University of Exeter, you will be equipped with both traditional and cutting-edge research tools used for studying the relationship between culture, society and everyday life
- Join a truly multicultural and culturally enriching environment, comprising of students from all three disciplines in the department of Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
- You will develop a wide range of key transferrable skills that are highly valued by employers within a range of professions
In addition to the specialist knowledge you will gain during your programme, you will also develop transferrable skills valued by employers such as:
- Researching, analysing and assessing sources of information
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Managing and interpreting information
- Developing ideas and arguments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- Cultures of the Life Sciences
- Philosophy of the Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science
- Science Technology and Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to enable time for your application to be considered,
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 479 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- We are looking for graduates with a 2:1 or above in sociology, anthropology, statistics, data or maths. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criterion, if your first degree is in a different discipline, you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
- All applicants should provide a personal statement explaining their interest in the programme and how it fits with their earlier studies.
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £4,600 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.