- Our approach mirrors the wider shift within the social sciences towards the analysis of transnational and global level processes and phenomena
- We’ll equip you with the analytical skills needed to engage in and across a range of empirical domains and theoretical perspectives
- Join a truly multicultural and culturally enriching environment, comprising of students from all three disciplines in the department of Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
- You will develop a wide range of key transferrable skills that are highly valued by employers within a range of professions
In addition to the specialist knowledge you will gain during your Society and Culture programme at The University of Exeter, you will also develop transferrable skills valued by employers such as:
- researching, analysing and assessing sources of information
- written and verbal communication skills
- managing and interpreting information
- developing ideas and arguments
The College's Employability Officer works with our central Career Zone team to give you access to a wealth of business contacts, support and training, as well as the opportunity to meet potential employers at our regular Careers Fairs.
- Social Theory
- Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- Cultures of the Life Sciences
- Philosophy of the Social Sciences
- Philosophy of Science
- Science Technology and Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology View 639 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- We are looking for graduates with a 2:1 or above in sociology, anthropology, statistics, data or maths. While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criterion, if your first degree is in a different discipline, you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant work experience, we would welcome your application.
- All applicants should provide a personal statement explaining their interest in the programme and how it fits with their earlier studies.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,000 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.